The Best Upright Carpet Cleaners
Life can get messy sometimes, especially if you have children or pets. Carpets and couches are never safe from dirt and stains, and removing them can be challenging without a good carpet cleaner.
However, renting a carpet cleaner can be a hassle and adds up quickly if your household is particularly prone to spills and messes, but buying one is also a significant investment. There are so many options out there that deciding which one best fits what you need can be difficult. So, we’ve taken the time to figure out which cleaners are right for your situation.
What Is Important to Look for in a Carpet Cleaner?
Before you can decide which carpet cleaner you want to purchase, you need to know what you’re looking for in a machine. With so many cleaners on the market, they can all start to look the same after a while. So, you want to make sure the cleaner you buy works for you.
Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:
- Stain removal: The critical thing a carpet cleaner needs to be good at is removing stains from carpets. That’s simply what the machine is designed to do. Luckily for you, all the cleaners on our list are highly rated for their cleaning ability.
- Hair cleanup: If you own a pet, your carpet cleaner must be equipped to deal with lots of hair and fur. Not all cleaners are designed for heavy amounts of hair, so they won’t be able to clean your carpets sufficiently.
- Tank size: The bigger the tank on your cleaner, the less time you have to waste refilling it when it runs out. If you have large areas of carpet, a larger tank is a necessity. However, the trade-off is in the cleaner’s weight because a larger tank also means a heavier machine.
- Weight and mobility: The weight and size of the cleaner is also an essential factor to consider. You’ll have to push this cleaner around the house to use it, and if you have stairs, you have to carry it up those steps. A heavy machine can be too difficult for some people to carry.
- Hoses and attachments: Having a carpet cleaner with a hose and other attachments makes cleaning hard-to-reach areas like stairs incredibly easy. It also allows some cleaners to be used to clean furniture or even vehicle interiors.
After considering what’s important to you, you’re ready to pick out your new carpet cleaner.
The Best Overall: Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro
If you want to deep clean your carpet or get out some tough stains, you’ll need a powerful cleaner. The Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution uses HeatWave Technology and two sets of rotating brushes to give a more thorough clean than other brands. Plus, its one-gallon tank saves you many trips to the faucet.
The cleaner also comes with a 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Tool that allows you to clean pet hair, stains, and odors from furniture in both wet and dry modes. This tool makes the cleaner perfect for any situation. Pets or kids, large area rugs or furniture, it doesn’t matter— the Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution will leave it looking brand new. If you’re looking for a high-quality carpet cleaner to get the job done, this one is the best out there.
Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986
The Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution is an incredibly versatile carpet cleaner that can clean nearly anything out of a carpet.