My Student Survey – Are you ready to learn how student surveys can help your teachers grow?
My Student Survey – Web-based, interactive teacher feedback reports
Why Choose My Student Survey?
- Their surveys were developed by expert researchers at Vanderbilt University. They were created using an established validation framework so you can have full confidence acting on the results.
- They are all former teachers and have worked in district offices. This experience is critical to providing the best service because they have been in our clients’ shoes.
- They provide web-based, user friendly feedback reports and employ the highest levels of data quality and security. Your data will be actionable, accurate and protected.
- Valid and reliable measure of teacher practice
- Cost and time effective (survey takes approximately 15-20 minutes)
- Allows feedback to be more frequent and from multiple stakeholders
- Engages students in their educational experience and promotes student voice
A Partnership in Survey Administration
High-quality survey administration is not an off-the-shelf product. At My Student Survey, we believe in a ‘Whatever It Takes’ approach to ensuring that your survey administration is successful and that survey data helps your teachers grow. Having worked in districts ourselves, we know the challenges of implementing a new initiative and we work hand in hand to guide you through the process. Below is a look at a typical survey administration and the supports that we provide at each step of the way.
Phase I – Planning
They collaborate with your school or district to develop timelines, milestones, and action steps so that you start with a clear plan. It is important to ensure that your plan matches the specific goals for your district.
Phase II – Communication
They believe that transparency and early communication builds a foundation of support for student surveys. They use this phase to develop a communication plan for outreach to relevant district staff, principals, teachers, parents, union officials, and students.
Teacher engagement is a critical piece for high quality student survey administration. Receiving feedback from students can be unfamiliar for many teachers, so they use proven strategies for building teacher engagement.
For each communication they provide support for content that is tailored to the unique context of your district.
Phase III – Training
They provide both in-person and webinar trainings to principals and school-based survey coordinators. They also have an extensive suite of support materials such as guidebooks, FAQ’s, and webinars that staff can draw upon to understand the details of survey administration at the school level.
Phase IV – Survey Administration
Survey administration windows can be customized to meet the needs of your district whether that means a 1 day administration or a two month window.
They provide both paper and online surveys (as well as a hybrid of the two) depending on what works best for the district.
During administration, they provide extensive technical assistance via both their technical assistance hotline as well as a dedicated support email. All questions are addressed and responded to within 24 hours.
Phase V – Feedback Reports and Professional Development
For online surveys, they provide feedback reports within 1 week following the end of survey administration. They know that timely feedback is critical (just like it is for students) so it is important that they have a short turnaround while still ensuring all reports have gone through an extensive quality control process.
They use our extensive set of materials for professional development to help teachers and school leaders translate student survey data into action.