Cartoonist – Create comic strips consisting of professional tool
With Cartoonist you can create comic strips consisting of professional backgrounds, characters, props, images and text. You can also combine all this with your own images. Your comic strips will be organised into a strip with several panels, which can be viewed both on the web and printed out on paper. Cartoonist contains a wide variety of themes, each with its own content. Below you will find a brief description some of them.
When you have chosen a theme or an exercise, you get access to characters, backgrounds, props, as well as your own uploaded images and audio files in the menu on the right.
Above the main frame, you will find all available functions for your cartoon.
- You can cut, paste, and copy elements from a frame.
- You will find functions for the frame.
- You can give the frame a name or a descriptive text under Properties. The text can be the name of the frame, or part of your story, and becomes visible when you display or print out your cartoon.
- If you want to re-use a frame you have made, first, you select the frame you want to copy, then click Copy.
- You can also delete a frame and create a new frame.
- Functions for drawing are activated when you select an element to work with.
- You can choose between several different bubbles, as well as free-hand drawing, ellipses, and squares.
- You can arrange elements in sequence, meaning that you can add depth to your cartoon by placing elements behind or in front of each other.
- When you have your characters and other elements in place, it can be a good idea to lock what you have done so far. When you choose unlock, all elements will be unlocked at the same time.
- You can work with the appearance of your text, lines, and bubbles. You can choose thick or thin lines. Your lines can have different line styles, and your bubbles can be in all kinds of colours andgradients.
- You can either click on the button for expression or click on the arrow to get an overview of alternative expressions you can choose from.
- All characters have several moods to choose from. You can change the angle and colour of houses. And props can be different shapes and colours. This lets you give your strip exactly the expression you are looking for.